- Geol. a mass or sheet of rock that has been moved horizontally by geologic forces
- Geom. either of the two identical portions of a cone (sense ) that meet at the vertex: each portion is equivalent to a right circular cone
See nappe in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A sheet of water flowing over a dam or similar structure.
- Geology A large sheetlike body of rock that has been moved far from its original position.
- Mathematics Either of the two parts into which a cone is divided by the vertex.
Origin: French, tablecloth, nappe
Origin: , from Old French, tablecloth
Origin: , from Latin mappa, napkin; see map