- Present participle of muddle.
- The act of one who muddles; confusion; disorderly progress.
Variant of muddle
transitive verbmuddled, muddling
- to mix up in a confused manner; jumble; bungle
- to mix or stir (a drink, etc.)
- to make (water, etc.) turbid
- to confuse mentally; befuddle, as with alcoholic liquor
- to confuse (the brain, mind, etc.); befog
Origin of muddle; from mud + -le
to act or think in a confused way
- a confused or disordered condition; mess, jumble, etc.
- mental confusion
Chiefly Brit. to manage to succeed in spite of apparent blunders or confusion