- An example of morbidity is the number of people who have cancer.
- An example of morbidity is a focus on death.
Morbidity is a term used to describe how often a disease occurs in a specific area or is a term used to describe a focus on death.
- state, quality, or instance of being morbid
- the rate of disease or proportion of diseased persons in a given locality, nation, etc.
- The quality of being morbid; morbidness.
- The rate of incidence of a disease.
(countable and uncountable, plural morbidities)
- The quality of being unhealthful, morbid
- (medicine) The incidence of a disease, as a rate of a population which is affected.
- (medicine, countable) An occurrence of illness or disease, or a single symptom of that illness.
- (medicine, countable) Adverse effects caused by a medical treatment such as surgery.