monomial[mō nō′mē əl, mä-]
- The definition of a monomial is an algebra expression with only one term.
An example of monomial is 13.
- Algebra consisting of only one term
- Biol. consisting of only one word: said of a taxonomic name
Origin of monomialmo(no)- + (bi)nomial
a monomial expression, quantity, or name
- Mathematics An algebraic expression consisting of only one term.
- Biology A taxonomic name consisting of a single word.
Origin of monomialmon(o)– + (bin)omial.
Syncopic form of mononomial.