- The definition of a monomial is an algebra expression with only one term.
An example of monomial is 13.
monomial definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Algebra consisting of only one term
- Biol. consisting of only one word: said of a taxonomic name
Origin: mo(no)- plush (bi)nomial
a monomial expression, quantity, or name
monomial definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Mathematics An algebraic expression consisting of only one term.
- Biology A taxonomic name consisting of a single word.
Origin: mon(o)- + (bin)omial.
- mo·noˈmi·al adjective
monomial - Science Definition
An algebraic expression consisting of a single term, especially one of the form axn, where a is a number and n is an integer greater than or equal to 0.