- The definition of a miser is a greedy person who hoards all his money.
Someone who lives very meagerly and never spends money is an example of a miser.
miser definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a greedy, stingy person who hoards money for its own sake, even at the expense of personal comfort
- Obsolete a miserable person; wretch
Origin: Classical Latin wretched, unhappy, ill, worthless
miser definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One who lives very meagerly in order to hoard money.
- A greedy or avaricious person.
Origin: From Latin, wretched.