- an element having some of, but not all, the properties of metals, as arsenic or silicon
- like a metal in appearance
- of, or having the nature of, a metalloid
See metalloid in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A nonmetallic element, such as arsenic, that has some of the chemical properties of a metal.
- A nonmetallic element, such as carbon, that can form an alloy with metals.
also met·al·loi·dal (mĕtˌl-oidˈl)
- Relating to or having the properties of a metalloid.
- Having the appearance of a metal.
Learn more about metalloid