The definition of mediocrity is the quality or state of being just average.noun
When you are in the middle of your class and don't really do anything to stand out or do better, this is an example of mediocrity.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
noun pl. mediocrities
- the quality or state of being mediocre
- mediocre ability or attainment
- a person of mediocre abilities or attainments
Origin: Fr médiocrité < L mediocritas
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. me·di·oc·ri·ties
- The state or quality of being mediocre.
- Mediocre ability, achievement, or performance.
- One that displays mediocre qualities.
- me·di·ocˈri·tizeˌ verb
- me·di·ocˌri·ti·zaˈtion noun