mediocrity[mē′dē äk′rə tē]
- The definition of mediocrity is the quality or state of being just average.
When you are in the middle of your class and don't really do anything to stand out or do better, this is an example of mediocrity.
- the quality or state of being mediocre
- mediocre ability or attainment
- a person of mediocre abilities or attainments
Origin of mediocrityFrench médiocrité ; from Classical Latin mediocritas
- The state or quality of being mediocre.
- Mediocre ability, achievement, or performance.
- One that displays mediocre qualities.
(countable and uncountable, plural mediocrities)
From Latin mediocritās, from mediocris.