mediocrity[mē′dē äk′rə tē]
When you are in the middle of your class and don't really do anything to stand out or do better, this is an example of mediocrity.
- the quality or state of being mediocre
- mediocre ability or attainment
- a person of mediocre abilities or attainments
Origin of mediocrityFrench médiocrité ; from Classical Latin mediocritas
- The state or quality of being mediocre.
- Mediocre ability, achievement, or performance.
- One that displays mediocre qualities.
(countable and uncountable, plural mediocrities)
From Latin mediocritÄs, from mediocris.