Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- the state of being a master; rule; control; dominion
- the position, duties, or term of office of a master
- masterly ability; expert skill or knowledge
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The office, function, or authority of a master.
- The skill or dexterity of a master.