- a marking for sale at an increased price
- the amount of increase in price
- the amount added to the cost to cover overhead and profit in arriving at the selling price
- the putting of a legislative bill into final form
- the committee meeting at which this is done
- A raise in the price of an item for sale.
- An amount added to a cost price in calculating a selling price, especially an amount that takes into account overhead and profit.
- A session of a US congressional committee at which a legislative bill is put into final form.
- a. The collection of detailed stylistic instructions written on a manuscript that is to be typeset.b. Computers The collection of tags that describe the specifications of an electronic document, as for formatting.
- The notation that is used to indicate how text should be displayed.
- The percentage or amount by which a seller hikes up his buy-in price when determining his selling price.
- You don't make much money selling gas because the markup is so low.
- An increase in price.
- There will be a markup on those products next week; better buy them now.
From mark up.