- a marking for sale at an increased price
- the amount of increase in price
- the amount added to the cost to cover overhead and profit in arriving at the selling price
- the putting of a legislative bill into final form
- the committee meeting at which this is done
See markup in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A raise in the price of an item for sale.
- An amount added to a cost price in calculating a selling price, especially an amount that takes into account overhead and profit.
- A session of a U.S. congressional committee at which a legislative bill is put into final form.
a. The collection of detailed stylistic instructions written on a manuscript that is to be typeset.
b. Computer Science The collection of tags that describe the specifications of an electronic document, as for formatting.
Learn more about markup