- The definition of manpower is the strength or force of a human, or the combined strength of a group of people.
An example of manpower is the muscle power of five men on a work crew.
- power furnished by human physical strength
- the collective strength or availability for work of the people in any given area, nation, etc.
Also man power
- The power of human physical strength.
- Power in terms of the workers available to a particular group or required for a particular task. See Usage Note at chairman.