- any of a number of fleshy-leaved, fiber-yielding agaves of the SW U.S., Mexico, and Central America; esp., the century plant and species used in making rope, pulque, and tequila
- any of several other plants (genus Furcraea) of the same family
- any of several kinds of tough fibers from these plants
Origin of magueySpanish ; from Taino
- Any of several large agaves of Mexico, such as Agave americana, that are used as a source of fiber, food, and sap, from which pulque is made.
- The fiber obtained from any of these plants or from closely related plants of the genus Furcraea.
Origin of magueySpanish, of Cariban origin.
- Any of various large agaves of Mexico and the southern US, especially the American aloe, Agave americana.