- of, for, or like persons lacking education, refinement, etc.; lowbrow; coarse
- inferior to others of its kind; second-rate, cheap, etc.: a low-rent version of Romeo and Juliet
See low-rent in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Having inexpensive rent: a low-rent apartment.
- Of low social status or moral character: “Steve Buscemi … may play low-rent, amoral types—hit men, weasels, snivelers—but … he's more complicated than that” (Richard Leiby).
- Lacking taste or refinement: a low-rent television drama.
Learn more about low-rent