Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- having a low tone or a low range of tone: a low-pitched voice
- having little pitch, or slope: said of a roof
- of low intensity; subdued
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Low in tone or tonal range.
- Having a moderate slope: a low-pitched roof.