- nimble, buoyant, graceful, or lively
- lighthearted; cheerful or merry
- not serious; frivolous
Origin of lightsomeMiddle English lihtsum: see light and amp; -some
- giving light; luminous
- well-lighted; bright
Origin of lightsomeMiddle English lyghtesum: see light and amp; -some
- Light, nimble, or graceful in movement.
- Free from worry or care; cheerful.
- Frivolous; silly.
- Providing light; luminous.
- Covered with or full of light; bright.
(comparative more lightsome, superlative most lightsome)
From light (noun) +"Ž -some.
From light (“not heavy", adjective) +"Ž -some.