- To liaise is defined as to establish a connection.
An example of liaise is to have a meeting between two department heads who will work together on a project.
intransitive verbli·aised, li·ais·ing, li·ais·es
- To effect or establish a liaison.
- To act or serve as a liaison officer.
Origin of liaiseBack-formation from liaison.
(third-person singular simple present liaises, present participle liaising, simple past and past participle liaised)
- To establish a liaison.
- To act between parties with a view to reconciling differences.
- To cooperate, consult and discuss in order to come to a common solution.