- a type of weave in which the warp yarns are paired and twisted
- a soft, meshed fabric of this weave
Origin of lenoFrench linon ; from lin, flax: see linen
- Weaving in which the warp yarns are paired and twisted.
- A fabric having such a weave.
Origin of lenoPerhaps from French linon, linen fabric, from lin, flax, from Old French, from Latin l&imacron;num; see linen.
- (textiles) A type of weave used to make light, open cotton fabric used for window curtains.
From Italian leno (“weak, flexible")