(comparative more legally, superlative most legally)
- As permitted by law; not contrary to law.
- You can legally park in the lot on weekends without paying the fee, they won't ticket you.
- From a legal perspective.
- Legally, I think you are covered, but there are angry guys with baseball bats outside.
- Adjectives to which "legally" is often applied: binding, required, responsible, bound, married, entitled, possible, protected, enforceable, authorized, obligated, valid, invalid, registered, qualified, permitted, defined, mandated, dead, insane, blind, correct, prescribed, obliged, defensible, separated, divorced, wrong, effective, armed, incorporated, impossible.
legal + -ly