- An example of a lectureship is a university job teaching about Indian Art.
- An example of a lectureship is an endowment to fund a lecture series on marine biology.
The definition of a lectureship is a lecturing position at a university or the foundation that financially supports a lecture series.
- the position or rank of a lecturer
- a series of lectures or the foundation supporting such a series
- The status or position of a lecturer.
- An endowment or foundation supporting a series or course of lectures.
Origin of lectureshipAlteration of lecturership
- A position as a lecturer.
- A series of lectures, possibly by different lecturers, on a common theme.
- Something that provides for lectures to be presented.
lecture +"Ž -ship