Latinity[la tin′i tē]
Latinity definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the use or knowledge of Latin
- a way of speaking or writing Latin
Origin: Classical Latin latinitas
Latinity definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The manner in which Latin is used in speaking or writing.
- Latin quality or character: Her speech was marked by florid Latinity.
- A Latinism.
- Latin literature: This concept is not found in all of Latinity.