nounpl. Lao Lao or Laos
- A member of a traditionally Buddhist people inhabiting the area of the Mekong River in Laos and Thailand.
- The Tai language of the Lao.
Of or relating to the Lao or their language or culture.
Origin of LaoLao Láo, perhaps from láo, person (unattested sense), third person common-gender pronoun.
- The ISO 3166-1 three-letter (alpha-3) code for the Lao People's Democratic Republic.
(plural Lao or Laos)
- A person of Lao ethnicity.
- The official language of Laos (closely related to Thai).
- Of, from, or pertaining to Laos, the Lao people or the Lao language.
From Lao àº¥àº²àº§ (laaw).
Variant of Lao