a unit for measuring solar radiation, equal to one small calorie per square centimeter
Origin of langleyafter S. P. Langley
- 1834-1906; U.S. astronomer, physicist, & pioneer in airplane construction
- var. of William Langland
city in SW British Columbia, Canada: suburb of Vancouver
Origin of Langleyafter S. P. Langley
A unit equal to one gram calorie per square centimeter of irradiated surface, used to measure solar radiation.
Origin of langleyAfter Samuel Pierpont Langley (1834-1906), American astronomer and physicist
- An English surname.
- An unincorporated community in the census-designated place of McLean in Fairfax County, Virginia, United States.
- A metronym for the Central Intelligence Agency, whose headquarters is located in Langley, Virginia.
- A district municipality in southwestern British Columbia, Canada.
- A town in England.
- A lunar crater located close to the northwestern limb of the Moon.
A habitational name from any of the numerous places named with Old English lang ("long") + lēah ("wood" or "glade").