noun pl. knights-errant
- a medieval knight wandering in search of adventures, esp. ones allowing him to redress wrongs or show his prowess
- a chivalrous or quixotic person
See knight-errant in American Heritage Dictionary 4
noun pl. knights-errant knights-errant (nītsˈ-)
- A knight, often portrayed in medieval romances, who wanders in search of adventures to prove his chivalry.
- One given to adventurous or quixotic conduct.
- knightˈ-erˈrant·ry (-ĕrˈən-trē) noun
Learn more about knight-errant