- seaport & capital of Jamaica, on the SE coast
- port in SE Ontario, Canada, at the outlet of Lake Ontario into the St. Lawrence
Origin of Kingstonorigin, originally , King's Town (1784), in honor of George III
- A city of southeast Ontario, Canada, on Lake Ontario near the head of the St. Lawrence River. The present city was founded by Loyalists in 1783 on the site of Fort Frontenac, a crucial defense point in the French and Indian Wars. It was capital of the Province of Canada from 1841 to 1843.x
- The capital of Jamaica, in the southeast part of the island on the Caribbean Sea. It was founded c. 1692 and became the capital in 1872.x
- Part of Plymouth was established as Plympton in 1707, and part as Kingston in 1726.
- GEORGE MONRO GRANT (1835-1902), principal of Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, was born in Nova Scotia in 183 5.
- "I have seen many men" (wrote Sir William Kingston, governor of the Tower) "and also women executed, and all they have been in great sorrow, and to my knowledge this lady has much joy and pleasure in death."
- To Sir William Kingston she protested her entire innocence, and on the scaffold while expressing her submission she made no confession.
- In his ninth year (1746), during a " lucid interval of comparative health," he was sent to a school at Kingston-uponThames; but his former infirmities soon returned, and his progress, by his own confession, was slow and unsatisfactory.