A junkie is an addict.
The definition of a junkie is an addict.
- A person who is addicted to heroin is an example of a junkie.
- A person who is addicted to video games is an example of a video game junkie.
☆ or junky
noun pl. junkies
- a narcotics addict, esp. one addicted to heroin
- a person who is addicted to a specified interest, activity, food, etc.: a TV junkie
Origin of junkie
; from junk,
noun pl. junk·ies Slang
- A narcotics addict, especially one using heroin.
- One who has an insatiable interest or devotion: a sports junkie.
- (slang, pejorative) A narcotics addict, especially referring to heroin users.
- (by extension) An enthusiast of something.
- English people are travel junkies, but Americans hardly ever leave their state.
- My uncle is a classic car junkie.