- The definition of judgmental is involved in using or making decisions, or making comments or observations about the moral importance of something.
- An example of judgmental is the role of a person whose job it is to decide who will be hired for a specific position; judgmental role.
- An example of a judgmental person is a someone who chooses friends based on appearances.
judgmental definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of or having to do with the exercise of judgment
- making or tending to make judgments as to value, importance, etc., often specif., judgments considered to be lacking in tolerance, compassion, objectivity, etc.
judgmental definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or dependent on judgment: a judgmental error.
- Inclined to make judgments, especially moral or personal ones: a marriage counselor who tries not to be judgmental.
- judg·menˈtal·ly adverb