- a masculine name: dim. Jon
- Bible Saul's oldest son, a close friend of David: 1 Sam. 18-20
- Brother Jonathan
- a late fall variety of apple
Origin of JonathanClassical Hebrew (language) y?n?th?n, contr. from yeh?n?th?n, literally , Yahweh has given
In the Bible, the eldest son of King Saul of Israel and friend of David.
A variety of red, late-ripening apple.
Origin of JonathanAfter Jonathan Hasbrouck (died 1846), American jurist and gardener
- A son of Saul, first mentioned in 1 Samuel.
- A male given name of biblical origin.
- (The addition of quotations indicative of this usage is being sought): An apple cultivar from New York.