- it is
- it has
It's is defined as a contraction of it is or it has.
An example of it's is what you write when a friend asks you how a new job is and you want to give an informal response - "It's great." as opposed to a more formal response "It is great."
- Contraction of it is.
- Contraction of it has. See Usage Note at its.
- See Usage under “its”
- (now nonstandard) Alternative form of its.
From it + ’s.
- It's so warm down here.
- We've got a meeting at two and it's almost one-thirty now.
- It's always something, isn't it?
- It's about time you spent some money on yourself.
- It's just a veterinary clinic.