- The definition of intergovernmental is things that happens between two or more governments or nations, or between levels of the same government.
- An example of intergovernmental is the United Nations; an intergovernmental agency.
- An example of intergovernmental is a meeting with representatives of a state senate and the United States Senate; an intergovernmental meeting.
intergovernmental definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- of, between, or involving different levels of government, as the federal level and the state level
- of, between, or involving the governments of different nations: Interpol is an intergovernmental organization
intergovernmental definition by American Heritage Dictionary
Being or occurring between two or more governments or divisions of a government.
- inˌter·govˌern·menˈtal·ly adverb