- increasing or causing to increase in degree or amount
- of or characterized by intensity; thorough, profound, and intense; concentrated or exhaustive
- designating care of an especially attentive nature given to critically ill hospital patients, typically in a special ward ()
- Agric. designating a system of farming which aims at the increase of yield per acre by using increased labor, capital, etc.
- Gram. giving force or emphasis; emphasizing: “very” in “the very same man” is an intensive adverb
ML intensious < L intensus: see intense & -ive