- The condition of being intensive
Variant of intensive
- increasing or causing to increase in degree or amount
- of or characterized by intensity; thorough, profound, and intense; concentrated or exhaustive
- designating care of an especially attentive nature given to critically ill hospital patients, typically in a special ward ()
- Agric. designating a system of farming which aims at the increase of yield per acre by using increased labor, capital, etc.
- Gram. giving force or emphasis; emphasizing: “very” in “the very same man” is an intensive adverb
Origin of intensiveMedieval Latin intensious ; from Classical Latin intensus: see intense and amp; -ive
- anything that intensifies
- an intensive word, prefix, etc.