The definition of instantaneous is something that happens right away.adjective
If you ask for water and water immediately appears that very second, this is an example of something instantaneous.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- done, made, or happening in an instant
- done or made without delay; immediate: an instantaneous reply
- existing at a particular instant
Origin: ML instantaneus
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Occurring or completed without perceptible delay: Relief was instantaneous.
- Done or made as quickly or directly as possible: an instantaneous reply to my letter.
- Present or occurring at a specific instant: instantaneous velocity; instantaneous pressure.
Origin: From Medieval Latin īnstantāneus, from Latin īnstāns, īnstant-, present; see instant.
- in·stanˌta·neˈi·ty noun
- inˌstan·taˈne·ous·ly adverb
- inˌstan·taˈne·ous·ness noun