- The definition of inspirational is a person or thing that motivates mentally or emotionally.
An example of inspirational is Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech.
inspirational definition by Webster's New World
- of or giving inspiration; inspiring
- produced, influenced, or stimulated by inspiration; inspired
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- inspirationally adverb
inspirational definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or relating to inspiration.
- Providing or intended to convey inspiration.
- Resulting from inspiration.
- inˌspi·raˈtion·al·ly adverb