- of or giving inspiration; inspiring
- produced, influenced, or stimulated by inspiration; inspired
The definition of inspirational is a person or thing that motivates mentally or emotionally.
An example of inspirational is Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I have a dream" speech.
- Of or relating to inspiration.
- Providing or intended to convey inspiration.
- Resulting from inspiration.
(comparative more inspirational, superlative most inspirational)
- Having the quality to inspire.
inspiration + -al
- The Girl Who Spoke with Pictures: Autism Through Art by Ellen Miller and Kim Miller: This is the an inspirational story by a mother who chronicles her daughter's experience with autism through art.
- In addition to its inspirational layout galleries, the Creative Memories website also features free self-adhesive quotations and journaling ideas to help you add special touches to your pages.
- Having that inspirational story to go by helps the artists create a very personalized version of the tattoo design, potentially matching up with exactly what the clients have in mind when they go in to have one done.
- Consider how she may go on in life to inspire others who have suffered personal tragedies and eventually use her compassion and inspirational words to talk a suicidal man off the ledge of a high-rise.
- The Horse Boy: A Father's Quest to Heal His Son by Rupert Isaacson: The Horse Boy is an inspirational story about how parents came to see his son's autism as an adventure rather than an affliction.