- set in pieces into a surface of another material so as to form a smooth surface: a pine table with an inlaid walnut design
- decorated with a surface made in this way: an inlaid floor
Past tense and past participle of inlay.
- Set into a surface in a decorative pattern: a mahogany dresser with an inlaid teak design.
- Decorated with a pattern set into a surface: inlaid antique furniture.
- Having a pattern that goes through to the backing. Used of linoleum or vinyl flooring.
- simple past tense and past participle of inlay