- of Damascus or its people or culture
- [d-] of damascening or damask
Origin of DamasceneClassical Latin Damascenus, of Damascus
- a person born or living in Damascus
- [d-] damascened work
- [d-] a small plum
transitive verbdam·a·scened, dam·a·scen·ing, dam·a·scenes
- Metalwork decorated with wavy patterns of inlay or etching.
- Fabric having a wavy pattern; moiré.
- Of or relating to damascening.
- Of or relating to damask.
Origin of damasceneFrench damasquiner from damasquin of Damascus from Latin Damascēnus from Greek Damaskēnos from Damaskos Damascus
(third-person singular simple present damascenes, present participle damascening, simple past and past participle damascened)
- Archaic form of damson.
(comparative more Damascene, superlative most Damascene)
- Of or relating to Damascus.
Latin Damascenus (“of Damascus”).