- Implantation can occur anywhere from six to ten days after ovulation.
- On average, implantation can occur approximately twenty to twenty four days after the beginning of the last menstrual cycle.
- The signs of implantation can be missed since they are very subtle.
- There are no tests to tell when an egg has implanted.
The definition of implantation is when the fertilized egg enters the endometriosis, or uterine lining, and burrows into it in order to begin cell division.
Facts About Implantation
An example of implantation is when the body’s basal temperature rises or falls and some spotting or bleeding and cramping occurs.
- a. The act or an instance of implanting.b. The condition of being implanted.
- Embryology The process by which a fertilized egg implants in the uterine lining.
- (anatomy) The way in which an organ, bone, muscle etc. becomes inserted into its set place.
- Planting; securing a plant etc. into the ground.
- The introduction of a notion, idea or thought into someone's mind.
- (surgery) The act of inserting a medical implant.
- (embryology) The attachment of the fertilized ovum to the uterus wall.
- (physics) The insertion of ions into the crystal structure of another material through ion bombardment.
From Middle French implantation.