The definition of imperialism is the practice of a larger country or government growing stronger by taking over poorer or weaker countries that have important resources.
An example of imperialism was England’s practices of colonizing India.
- imperial state, authority, or system of government
- the policy and practice of forming and maintaining an empire in seeking to control raw materials and world markets by the conquest of other countries, the establishment of colonies, etc.
- the policy and practice of seeking to dominate the economic or political affairs of underdeveloped areas or weaker countries
- The extension of a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political dominance over other nations.
- A political doctrine or system promoting such extension of authority.