idolatrous[ī däl′ə trəs]
idolatrous definition by Webster's New World
- of, or having the nature of, idolatry
- worshiping an idol or idols
- having or showing excessive admiration or devotion
idolatrous definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of or having to do with idolatry.
- Given to blind or excessive devotion to something: “The religiosity of the [group] is self-righteous and idolatrous. It perceives no virtue in its opponents and magnifies its own” (Christopher Lasch).
- Constituting idolatry.
- i·dolˈa·trous·ly adverb
- i·dolˈa·trous·ness noun