- of, or having the nature of, idolatry
- worshiping an idol or idols
- having or showing excessive admiration or devotion
- Of, constituting, or having to do with the worship of idols or false gods.
- Characterized by or given to uncritical or excessive devotion to something: “Love for one's country which is not part of one's love for humanity is not love, but idolatrous worship.” (Erich Fromm).
(comparative more idolatrous, superlative most idolatrous)
- Partaking in idolatry; worshipping idols or false gods.
- The priests of an idolatrous religion.
- Engaging in excessive attachment or reverence; inordinately or profanely devoted.
- An idolatrous veneration for antiquity.
- Used in or designed for idolatry; devoted to idols or idol-worship.
- An idolatrous image or temple.
- Of or pertaining to idolatry.