(-pi to̵̅o̅′i tə riz′əm, -tyo̵̅o̅′-)
- excessive activity of the pituitary gland, esp. of its anterior lobe
- a condition resulting from this, as gigantism
See hyperpituitarism in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Pathologically excessive production of anterior pituitary hormones, especially growth hormones.
- The condition resulting from an excess of pituitary hormones, characterized by gigantism in children and acromegaly in adults.
- hyˌper·pi·tuˈi·tarˌy (-tĕrˌē) adjective
Learn more about hyperpituitarism