The definition of holistic is relating to the idea that things should be studied as a whole and not just as a sum of their parts.
An example of holistic is health care that focuses on the health of the entire body and mind and not just parts of the body.
- of or relating to holism
- of, concerned with, or dealing with wholes or integrated systems rather than with their parts
- designating or of healthcare that takes a patient's nutritional, environmental, and psychological factors into account
- incorporating unconventional treatment, as, variously, folk medicine, yoga, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Of or relating to holism.
- a. Emphasizing the importance of the whole and the interdependence of its parts.b. Concerned with wholes rather than analysis or separation into parts: holistic medicine; holistic ecology.
(comparative more holistic, superlative most holistic)
- related to holism
- Relating to a study of the whole instead of a separation into parts.