- the bottom edge, usually hemmed, of a dress, skirt, coat, etc.
- the height of this edge above the ground
- The bottom edge of a garment, such as a skirt, dress, or coat.
- The height of the edge of such a garment, measured from the floor.
- Well-known lingerie brand Commando has won awards for hosiery and holds a patent on a weighted slip hemline that will eliminate the possibility of suffering from a fashion faux pas due to an unfortunate slip incident.
- This doesn't mean black-tie formal, but the breezy sheath that would have been appropriate for the afternoon setting should be replaced by a longer hemline and, in general, more coverage.
- Wearing Flat Shoes: Pairing this mini dress with flats tones down the sexiness of the dress because it tricks the eye into thinking that the hemline is actually longer than it really is.
- However, if you are building your wardrobe from scratch or looking to institute a few interesting pieces, be aware that the cut out is about as timeless as the asymmetrical hemline.
- These days you can purchase traditional Mrs. Claus costumes made of high-quality crushed red velvet and trimmed in exquisite white faux fur around the neckline, cuffs and hemline.