- formation into granules or grains
- the formation of a small mass of tiny red granules of newly formed capillaries, as on the surface of a wound that is healing
- the mass itself
- a. The act or process of granulating.b. The condition or appearance of being granulated.
- a. Small, fleshy, beadlike protuberances, consisting of outgrowths of new capillaries, on the surface of a wound that is healing. Also called granulation tissue.b. The formation of these protuberances.
- The small, transient, brilliant granular markings on the photosphere of the sun.