glass blowingglass blowing
the art or process of shaping molten glass into various forms by blowing air into a mass of it at the end of a tube
- Alternative form of glassblowing.
- It is possible that the picture does not represent Egyptian glass-blowers, but is a traveller's record of the process of glass-blowing seen in some foreign or subject country.
- Its industries consist chiefly in glass-blowing, distilling, biscuit-making and the manufacture of manures.
- The comparative lateness of this period makes it difficult to account for the wall painting at Beni Hasan, which accurately represents the process of glass-blowing, and which is attributed to the period of the XIth dynasty.
- The revival in recent years of the craft of glass-blowing in England must be attributed to William Morris and T.G.
- Other industries include shipbuilding, glass-blowing and the manufacture of stearine candles.