An example of geometric is an art piece made from rectangles, squares and circles.
- of or according to geometry
- characterized by or using straight lines, triangles, circles, or similar regular shapes or forms: a geometric pattern
Origin of geometricClassical Latin geometricus ; from Classical Greek geōmetrikos
- a. Of or relating to geometry and its methods and principles.b. Increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression.
- Using simple geometric forms such as circles and squares in design and decoration.
- Of or relating to properties in algebraic geometry involving algebraically closed fields.
(comparative more geometric, superlative most geometric)
From Latin geōmetricus, from Ancient Greek γεωμετρικός (geōmetrikos).