- The definition of geometric is something associated with geometry, or the use of straight lines and shapes.
An example of geometric is an art piece made from rectangles, squares and circles.
- of or according to geometry
- characterized by or using straight lines, triangles, circles, or similar regular shapes or forms: a geometric pattern
Origin of geometricClassical Latin geometricus ; from Classical Greek geōmetrikos
- a. Of or relating to geometry and its methods and principles.b. Increasing or decreasing in a geometric progression.
- Using simple geometric forms such as circles and squares in design and decoration.
- Of or relating to properties in algebraic geometry involving algebraically closed fields.
(comparative more geometric, superlative most geometric)
From Latin geōmetricus, from Ancient Greek γεωμετρικός (geōmetrikos).