- The definition of geocentric is something that considers Earth as the center.
An example of geocentric is the idea that the sun rotates around the earth.
- measured or viewed as from the center of the earth
- having or regarding the earth as a center
Origin: geo- plush -centric
- geocentrically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Relating to, measured from, or with respect to the center of the earth.
- Having the earth as a center.
- geˌo·cenˈtri·cal·ly adverb
geocentric - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
geocentric - Science Definition
- Relating to or measured from the Earth's center.
- Relating to a model of the solar system or universe having the Earth as the center. Compare heliocentric.
Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.