- The definition of geocentric is something that considers Earth as the center.
An example of geocentric is the idea that the sun rotates around the earth.
geocentric definition by Webster's New World
- measured or viewed as from the center of the earth
- having or regarding the earth as a center
Origin: geo- plush -centric
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- geocentrically adverb
geocentric definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Relating to, measured from, or with respect to the center of the earth.
- Having the earth as a center.
- geˌo·cenˈtri·cal·ly adverb
geocentric - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop EncyclopediaTHIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLYAll other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
geocentric - Science Definition
- Relating to or measured from the Earth's center.
- Relating to a model of the solar system or universe having the Earth as the center. Compare heliocentric.