- The definition of centric is something that is centered or near the center.
An example of something centric is an organization that is at the center of a world issue like hunger; a centric organization.
- in, at, or near the center; central
- of or having a center
Origin of centricClassical Greek kentrikos ; from kentron: see center
- having a center or centers (of a specified kind or number): concentric
- having (a specified thing) as its center: geocentric
- having (a specified thing) as the focus of attention, efforts, etc.: Afrocentric
Origin of -centricMiddle English -centrik ; from Medieval Latin -centricus ; from Classical Latin centrum, center + -icus, -ic
- Situated at or near the center; central.
- Having a center.
- Having radially symmetrical valves. Used of diatoms.
- Having a specified kind or number of centers: polycentric.
- Having a specified object as the center: geocentric.
- Focused on or viewed in terms of a specified area, subject, or culture: anthropocentric; Afrocentric.
(comparative more centric, superlative most centric)
From Ancient Greek κεντρικός (kentrikos).