general assemblygeneral assembly
- [oftenG- A-] in some states of the U.S., the legislative assembly
- [G- A-] the deliberative assembly of the United Nations
- the highest governing body of the Presbyterian Church or the national association of certain other Protestant denominations
- A legislative body, especially a US state legislature.
- General Assembly Abbr. GA The principal deliberative body of the United Nations, in which each member nation is represented and has one vote.
- The supreme governing body of some religious denominations.