- transmission (sense )
- a case enclosing gears to protect them from dirt
- See transmission.
- A protective casing for a system of gears.
- The Gearbox is a hiking boot that features a full-grain leather upper, a side pocket perfect for storing keys, "Goodyear welt construction," Thinsulate ultra insulation and Hummer's own exclusive rubber outsole.
- Windmill Nacelle: Normally, the nacelle contains a gearbox that enables rotation of the blades, including copper wiring and magnets that help power the blades and convert the captured energy to electricity.
- A windmill can be broken down into four basic parts: the base, the tower, the blades, and the nacelle, which is a gearbox that facilitates movement of the blades.
- The Desert hiking boot is very similar to the Gearbox, differentiating in its lack of side pocket but featuring Hummer's exclusive signature lining.
- Because of what the manufacturers call the advanced dual-drive gearbox, the foot peddles move both up and down and in and out.