Variant of forage
- food for domestic animals; fodder
- a search for food or provisions
Origin: Middle English ; from Old French fourage ; from forre, fuerre, fodder ; from Frankish an unverified form fodr, food, akin to Old English fodor, fodder
- to search for food or provisions
- to search for what one needs or wants
Origin: Fr fourrager < the n.
- to get or take food or provisions from
- Now Rare to ravage; plunder
- to provide with forage; feed
- to get by foraging
- forager noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.