A hill near the base of a mountain or mountain range.
- National Parents Anonymous. 675 West Foothill Blvd.
- All about and inter-penetrating the foothill and sand-hill regions are the prairies, which include three-fourths of the state.
- To the north of these mountains, stretching towards the Danube, is the Alpine foothill region, composed partly of terraces and partly of swelling undulations, of which the most important is the Hausruckwald.
- Above sea-level), the Fuschl-see (2095 ft.), the Hinter-see (2580 ft.), the Ober-Trumer-see and Nieder-Trumer-see are all situated in the Alpine foothill region.
- The foremost foothill of the range is the steep crag of Mons Titanus, crowned by the towers of the republic of San Marino.