A person who only eats vegetables but once a month eats a steak is an example of a flexitarian.
Origin of flexitarianflexi(ble) (vege)tarian
(comparative more flexitarian, superlative most flexitarian)
- (of a person) Being a flexitarian.
- (of food, a diet, or the like) Being what a flexitarian might eat.
- One who is usually or primarily vegetarian, but who is not strictly so.
- This term is sometimes used pejoratively by strict vegetarians.
- Many strict vegetarians dislike this term, believing that one is either vegetarian or non-vegetarian.