first ladyfirst lady
- the wife or official hostess of a chief official, esp. of the U.S. president, a state governor, or a mayor
- a woman considered to be foremost in her profession or art
- often First Lady The wife or hostess of the chief executive of a country, state, or city.
- The foremost woman of a specified group or profession: the first lady of the American theater.
(plural first ladies)
- The leading woman in a specified field of endeavor.
- Alternative spelling of First Lady.
(plural First Ladies)
- The term is not always capitalised.